August 9, 2010

Time flies

Good day/Bad day?: Pretty good

Watched Monica whirl around me cleaning all morning--ya just can't stop the woman! Very nice of her to work so hard, but she still swears it's a break from her busy house. I'm trying to convince her that naps are good. We'll go for breakfast tomorrow and maybe a couple of other fun things--movie, vintage store?

Had my first follow-up with the surgeon today. She said I was healing well, good range of motion so far, but I wasn't ready to have my last drain out yet, so maybe by the end of the week. No big deal, except they're putting off my infusion port placement from Thurs until Aug 23rd. I'll still see the oncologist this Thurs and determine a chemo regimen, with my first treatment expected to start the same week of the 23rd. That's hard to fathom, so I'm trying not to go there yet.

Next week is a real unknown so far. I still haven't tried to drive yet with my limited range and still some pain, so I need to see how that goes before going back to work. I think I need to go pick out a wheeled bag for work, too, so I don't have to carry things on my shoulders or in my arms. I just wish I could guess right now what I'll be able to do.

I've been going out without any fake boobs so far and am getting used to it. It'll be interesting to see if I feel comfortable when it's time to get them (when I'm healed and not too sensitive to wear them).

This time last year I was deep in the heart of contraction country! Tomorrow AM will be Happy Birthday Olive time!!!! Wow, one year is fast.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have a wheeled bag from when HCI was building the Johnson side and our office was offsite. You can check it out and have it if you want!