August 25, 2010

Riding it out

Good day/bad day?: Good, but long

Just trying to prioritize...It's hard to think that I have one more day of feeling like I'm used to feeling, and then the rest is just unknown. There are always stories I hear of people who just "sail through" their chemo and don't miss work, don't feel that bad, etc. At this point I think it's more helpful for me to expect it to not be so great so that I won't feel I'm letting myself and others down when I peter out.

Had a farewell for a coworker today that has always been special to me. She was the nurse working with my mom as she was dying, then became my preceptor when I started in hospice and was always a "go-to" for me. I always knew she was looking out for me, and I hope I was able to return the favor sometimes. I'll miss working with you...

So, any guesses what kind of wig I'll pick tomorrow??? Stay tuned (or maybe I'll surprise you down the road). I also may go to Gilda's Club tomorrow to check it out. We'll see--I feel like I've got a countdown on my time & energy right now, so that may not be how I choose to spend it tomorrow.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I hope a fun wig and I hope you have fun picking it!

Anonymous said...

I hope I can borrow it for a trip to Home Depot..!!

Anonymous said...

I have toured Gilda's Club and absolutely loved the idea of it. Would be a nice place to take Olive sometimes, too, just to get out of the house and into a different (and supportive!) environment. :)