August 11, 2010

Change of Plans

Good day/Bad day?: okay

It was hard to say goodbye to Monica today because I could get used to having her around! She was a great help and fun to catch up with. Thank you again for everything!

Monika has realized that she's unable to come help me for the rest of ther week, which is understandable--I'm glad she's not pushing herself too hard. Special thanks to Ben's Aunt Sue, who's agreed to cover at the last minute. Don't worry, we'll try to go easy on you!

It's weird, because over the last days the help has changed from focusing on me to being Olive's handler. Good, b/c that means I'm feeling better, and I hope Olive is more fun to take care of than me (I'm guessing yes). Ben's parents are here tonight so they could have birthday dinner and cheesecake with Olive and give her presents--she got a great city/road rug to crawl around on for her room!

Tomorrow is a medical oncology appt to discuss the upcoming chemo regimen. I should get my last drain out, too, but I might have to lie a little about how much it's been putting out... We'll see, I shouldn't push it.

So then there's next week and getting back to work. I really don't know how that's going to go. Not b/c I'm still debilitated and couldn't handle the day, but because I'll be there for a week or two and then will be starting chemo and likely feeling like crap, so it'll be hard to motivate myself to get involved with work projects when it's going to feel temporary. I know that there are people that go through chemo and just totally keep pushing ahead and doing it all without slowing down, but I'm not so sure how I'll approach it. I know that the next weeks I'll have to be focusing on building myself up as much as I can before I get knocked down a few pegs. I just don't know! I'll have to hope that everyone stays tolerant with me and my lack of productivity...

4 comments:

merry said...

Jenny, we'll just be so happy to see you, even if you don't do an ounce of work! Just don't come back too soon - don't push yourself or you'll find yourself back in bed.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Merry and please don't lie about the drain output...think of what kind of patient you like to take care of yourself...!! ;) Seriously, though, work will be very happy to have you back, no matter what. :)

Anonymous said...

Seriously we have to talk. A nurse who lies about her drain AND falls asleep with the heating pad? I outta call somebody about this...

Jen said...

Oh boy, people, I still have it in--I didn't lie!