April 29, 2011

Routine Check-up?

Good day/Bad day?: well, today's starting off fine! Yesterday...

I probably don't need to be sharing this here right now, but it's on my mind and I just need to put it out there. Yesterday Olive and I both had appts in the afternoon, me for radiation (the usual) and she for her late 18-mo appt (she's 20mos...). Routine check-up, she was very happy and silly and well, right? Then they found an ear infection that she's totally asymptomatic for. Then I mentioned off-hand that she's walked with one leg a little straighter. The MD saw it too and did an x-ray. Now she needs ortho surgery! Hip dysplasia, usually shows up earlier, but here we go. That's all we know right now until we sit down with the pediatric ortho surgeon, so I'll avoid conjecture at the moment (even though it's happening in my head...). Ugh.

So Ben & I are feeling a little victimized by the universe right now, a little pouty. No easy summers in Erdmania.

Day off for me, so I'll just enjoy the sunshine while it lasts

4 comments:

Ben said...

Yeah, screw the universe.

We have to remember to ask if they can install an adamantium skeleton in Olive.

Anonymous said...

Ben, lay your stern eye onto the universe and tell it to stop with the crap for cris-sake..!@!

Jim said...

Oh for oldest brother's sake!

Unknown said...

Holy effing shit! Just remember I have your back at work - anything you need me to do, just let me know...