April 17, 2011

Buh-bye, honey

Good day/Bad day?: Good

It feels like Saturday. Which isn't good, because tomorrow's Monday and there's no getting around that, is there? But I got an extra day to hang with Ben before his trip--the weather was crappy enough that he waited until this morning to leave. All went well for his first leg...

Aside from the bad weather, a good weekend all around. Mary and Addi are here to help through Monday night. Happy Birthday, Addi! I don't know what it is that makes my nieces want to be with their lame aunt for their birthdays, but this is the second one... We hung out at home, went to the playground with Olive for a while, then Addi & I went to a movie and custard stop while Mary babysat.

So we'll be starting radiation week #3. I'm starting to get more sensitive skin, esp on my sternum. You can see exactly where the beams hit because I'm getting tan/burned there with a clear border. It's weird and really unattractive--well, that plus the shiny goop I put on it and my compression sleeve and glove. I really know how to make an impression! Ugh, just sick of all this nonsense.

Oh, but hey, I won a cake at work! The universe threw me a little bone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shiny goop, compression sleeve, gloves, sounds like my old iron restoration shop (garage)!