March 27, 2011

Wholesome family fun!

Good day/Bad day?: Good

It's been a good weekend all around, even if my back's killing me! Saturday was breakfast with my dear friend Jolene, who I've missed working with a lot--thank you again! Then, hanging out with Olive the rest of the day while Ben was out, and Julie joined in the evening to help out and hang out & watch a movie. We had gotten so used to hanging out with all the appts/chemo she accompanied me to that I think we just forget to schedule things. Before you know it, it's been a couple of weeks since we've seen each other! She stuck around to watch a movie with Ben & me--good low-key Sat night. Then today was...

...lambing! We went out to a farm south of Madison to catch the last weekend of lambing there and take Olive out to see the animals. It was packed, but fun. She alternated betweeen being a little afraid and being fascinated, and she was all smiles when we left. Good outing before nap time! Then homebody stuff the rest of the evening.

We'll see what this coming week brings...first, trying my first Zumba class on Monday, OT on Friday, busy work week, then the week after that is my first consult with gynecological oncology to talk about my ovarian cancer risk (fun!). And this Friday is the 5 year anniversary of my mom's death. Wow, 5 years. That first year was very long and hard, and the rest has flown by. I was on the fence about taking off that day, but I think I will and decide how to commemorate that in my own way...

1 comment:

Kathy said...

May we see LOTS more just fun weekends going forward!