January 25, 2011

When life gives you lemons, have an Irish coffee

Good day/Bad day?: Okay

It was an alright work day, but I'm having these intermittent pains kind of shooting through my body...

Thanks to all who gave me supportive words after my post yesterday! It wasn't a deep crisis. It truly was more of a moment for me where I looked down and said "WTF?", then went and looked in the mirror and said "WTF?" again. Seriously, sometimes life moves along so rapidly that you are suddenly standing at point B not remembering ever having left point A. It can be amazing what you have to integrate to keep going, but people do it all the time with things far more horrific.

I was just pretty sick of it all yesterday. I'm all for making lemonade out of lemons, but you can sure get sick of lemonade after a while. Especially in winter! But I will get a respite this weekend--thanks to the in-laws for arranging for me to see the show in Milw Fri night, plus staying two nights at an inn to relax and get away from it all. I also get to hang out with Monica! And it's an Irish inn with a pub, so I'll enjoy an Irish coffee...

No comments: