July 6, 2011

Better days

Good day/bad day?: wanted it to be better than it was...

Long story short, I got kind of down today doing a comparison to a younger, pre-cancer me. Ben & I were driving and his power steering went out, and in the course of discussing other things we had to do for the day, I realized I would not be able to drive his truck with my bum shoulder. Then I thought to myself, "I USED TO DIG HOLES FOR A LIVING! This is wrong..." And it is. Seriously. I had my last OT appt yesterday, and during our discussion she reminded me that I would still be making scar tissue for probably another year. Which means I have to be much more vigilant with my shoulder, with my arm swelling, all of it. I also need to rework/remodel my chest scars actively or they will contract me forward more and more.

On the plus side, apparently I still have enough residual something in me that the mosquitoes aren't quite sure what to do...

Olive had a wee bit of extra cranky in her today. It's hard to tell how much is residual pain and how much is frustration. If you ask her if anything is ouchie, she always says her elbows (possibly her favorite body part). Don't get me wrong, she's still many sorts of delightful, but I think we will all be a little relieved when she's back in day care--the kid needs a lot of entertainment in a day!

Tomorrow= special day...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary B&J! 9th I think. Try to create a memory.