September 4, 2011

Happiness

Ahhhh, lazy Sunday!  After lazy Saturday!

Olive is hangin' out in Milwaukee for the weekend--we'll pick her up tomorrow.  Sure is quiet around here.  I'm wondering what phrases she's going to come home with, because lately it's all sentences--"Sometimes we have tea." "No, Mama, go out of the room." etc. etc.  Oh, and before she left, while she was crawling around on the kitchen floor, she crawled over to me and pulled herself to standing using my legs.  She seems to be a little motivated.

So far for free weekend, had Friday night alone and took myself to a movie.  Yesterday was sleeping in, a couple of farmer's markets, and shopping where I splurged on a few things (slow process of revamping my wardrobe to accommodate not having boobs).  Ben returned from a motorcycle journey to IA, tired and wet and stinky.  After naps, we went to the Tornado for their awesome late-night menu, sat and had cocktails and deliciousness and got to feel sophisticated for a few hours.  I had some grand ideas of being outside and walking a bunch, but then it rained all day.  Today I'm hoping for more get-up-and-go.  BUT, I also didn't stack the cards against me in thinking I had to get certain things done, so I'm not "behind" on my relaxing weekend...   Sometimes I can still get smarter :).

No comments: